The Pembina Counselling Centre (PCC) Board invites applications for the position of Executive Director.
Duties will commence as early as Dec 1, 2019 and by Feb 28, 2020 (based on the availability of the successful candidate).
The Executive Director serves as the Chief Executive Officer. As chief executive officer, the Executive Director shall be responsible for the direction and supervision of all members of the PCC team and shall delegate authority and responsibility as is appropriate for each board- authorized position.
The Executive Director shall have overall accountability for the effective and efficient operation of PCC, including fundraising, program delivery, support services, financial administration, counselling, management and supervision of all employees and relations with supporters, stakeholders, the public and the media. S/he will provide a link between the day-to-day administration of PCC and the Board Chair, and oversee the development and accomplishment of the Board’s goals and priorities in accordance with its strategic plan.
The Board expects the Executive Director to be inspiring, collaborative, committed to servant leadership, and an advocate for clients. The Executive Director shall demonstrate a commitment to collaborative decision-making, balanced with strength to make challenging decisions in a calm, deliberate manner.
The Executive Director shall exemplify strong moral values, high standards of ethical conduct, an awareness of and sensitivity to professional guidelines, community culture, a commitment to the Board’s strategic plan, and excellent interpersonal, communication and administrative skills.
- A Master’s degree in Counselling or related human service field (preferred)
- Member in good standing of a self-regulating professional association
- Five or more years senior non-profit management experience
- Solid budget management skills and experience
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of Pembina Counselling Centre’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to non-profit sector
Responsibilities and Duties are to:
- develop, implement and interpret board policy,
- facilitate the development, implementation, and reporting of the Board’s strategic plan,
- organize and institute board orientation / development sessions annually,
- care for fundraising,
- recruit, select, assign and transfer, supervise, and evaluate staff,
- provide for staff professional development and program development,
- monitor the clinical, fiscal, and general operation of PCC,
- oversee the operation of the administration office,
- propose annual administrative and clinical operational budgets,
- interact with all related agencies and collateral service providers,
- vision cast to staff and supporters at PCC venues
- act as the Board’s agent when dealing with the public, media, business community, supporters, municipal and government agencies,
- care for public relations, including news releases to the media and media interviews,
- generate reports (strategic plan, system functioning, program activity / needs / challenges, financial status, etc.) for Board meetings,
- commit to personal professional development and growth,
- perform other duties as assigned or requested by the Board
Commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Benefits include: competitive salary between the 50-75% percentile of the industry standard comparable roles in our service area according to payscale.com equivalent, four weeks holidays, one week education leave, one week sick leave; mileage for work related travel, professional development budget to meet professional association CEU requirements;
Applicants are requested to submit a comprehensive resume including a statement of counselling philosophy and a minimum of three references, all of whom must have knowledge of the applicant’s performance in the applicant’s current or recent assignment. Please submit completed applications to:
PCC Executive Director Search Committee
c/o Bernie Thiessen, Chair of the Board
Pembina Counselling Center, #205 – 30 Stephen Street Morden, MB R6M 2G3
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Applications received prior to noon, Nov. 1, 2019, will be given careful consideration.